Saturday, November 27, 2010

Trying to catch up a bit...


 I've been really bad about updating regularly, so I'm going to try to get caught up this week. Happy belated Thanksgiving. Did some cooking and baking this year, but in the midst of doing so, forgot to take pictures of what I made. I guess that saves me from having to do a separate blog post about it?

Today's post is of a cake I did about a month ago. (Clearly around the same time as Halloween). As a final project for my Wilton cake decorating class, we had to make a cake and flowers to go on said cake. We then brought the cake in to class and decorated it with said flowers and a basket weave on the side of the cake.


The cake itself is marbled orange, in both color and flavor. Buttercream icing on the outside, with grey royal icing roses. Making this cake happened to coincide with a friend's birthday, so it was consumed in celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment