Monday, November 15, 2010

Fondant Flowers


I've got other birthday cakes to blog about, but I thought I would try and break it up a little bit so you don't have to scroll through and be like "cake... cake... cake... cake...".




During the month of October, I decided to take a Wilton cake decorating class to improve my skills and occupy my time a little bit. The class focused on flowers and decorating. We learned how to make flowers using fondant/gum paste and icing/frosting.







Pansy

I made these flowers while in class by combining gum paste and fondant. The two flowers above were made by cutting the fondant/gum paste material out using a special cutter and using gum paste glue to hold the pieces together. The pansy used a similar technique, but involved a bit more work and sculpting.   


No comments:

Post a Comment