Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

It seems like half the world has a birthday in late October/early November, including multiple people I know. This, of course, means one thing: birthday cake. And I'm more than happy to make cakes for family and friends when asked; I shudder at the words 'store bought cake'.


This particular birthday cake was made for one of my aunts. The 3 layer cake is chocolate, the frosting is peanut butter buttercream, as requested. I was really excited about getting to try out some of my recently acquired flower-making skills (I took a Wilton cake decorating class series last month). The flowers (also PB buttercream)were supposed to be roses, but look kind of like carnations, which was a little bit of a happy accident. Everybody liked how pretty the cake looked, and were even more impressed with how great it tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment