Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The last of the birthday cakes for a while (hopefully)

I am relocating to Boston soon, and this will be my last post until after I move. I've got some great things planned for December, specifically for Christmas, and am looking forward to working on them in my new kitchen.

For now though, I will finish playing catch-up with this post about my boyfriend's birthday cake. He requested a Black Forest cake, which is something I've never done before. But I like a challenge. After doing some research and looking around online, I found a recipe that reviewers claimed to be very similar to an authentic German Black Forest cake.

The outside is whipped cream, hand-shaved chocolate and maraschino cherries; the inside is frosting and cherry filling, sandwiched between four layers of a not-too-sweet chocolate cake. I wish I had gotten a picture of the inside. Everyone said it was really good too :)

2 comments: