Thursday, September 30, 2010

These are not cakes. Or baked goods.


I love sushi. I also love marshmallows. One would think that there’s no way to combine the two; but you’d be wrong to think that. Seriously. Standard sushi is made from fish/veggies, seaweed, and sticky rice. My dessert version is made from candy fish/gummies, fruit rollup snacks, and the stickiest rice of all: rice krispie treats. I’ve made dessert sushi more than once for sushi-loving friends’ birthdays, but I think this kind of sushi is something that even the pickiest eater would enjoy.



Having made dessert sushi a couple times, it was time to give real sushi a try. My boyfriend and I made sushi for lunch not too long ago. We opted for cooked shrimp and veggies, because the thought of preparing raw fish was a little intimidating. Incredibly happy with the results, both in taste and in appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Best birthday present ever :) and the tastiest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of sushi, but those dessert sushis are awesome!! I love the swedish fish added in, that's perfect!

    ReplyDelete