Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello and Welcome!

cre·a·tive adj \krē-'ā-tiv\
: marked by the ability or power to create : given to creating
: having the quality of something created rather than imitated : imaginative

I am creative. This I know for sure. Since childhood, I have been described as such. Perhaps this was used by grown-ups as a way of saying I was a weird kid, an out-of-the-box kind of thinker… but you know what, I was. I am. I was the kid you’d find sewing clothes for her dolls- sans pattern. I was also the kid who decided to be unconventional about how to use a slide on the playground at summer camp when I was 6. Said decision resulted in the fracturing of my left wrist, and ending my days of ambidexterity; but that’s another story for another day. My point is this: I have a hard time following patterns. The same goes for recipes. I always end up adding something or tweaking it to make it my own. Because apparently I don’t want to do everything the way everyone else does. Normal is boring.

This blog is a way for me to document and showcase some of the creative things I’ve been doing in the kitchen. I don’t claim to be perfect; I don’t have any formal training in cooking or baking. My talent comes mostly from reading things online, watching too much Food Network, while thinking ‘I can do that’, and practice. Perhaps a bit of luck too.

No comments:

Post a Comment