Tuesday, May 24, 2011

25th Anniversary Suprise Party Cake



My cousin planned a surprise party for my aunt and uncle's 25th anniversary, and I volunteered to make the cake.


















The cake is a super moist chocolate cake with a raspberry cream filling between the layers. It's frosted with vanilla buttercream icing and decorated with royal icing roses and rosebuds. The leaves, vines, and lettering are buttercream. 













It seemed to be a big hit at the party, people couldn't believe how moist it was. I've actually used this cake recipe before for other family events, but it's amazing how different it can taste depending on what filling and frosting it's paired with.

1 comment:

  1. It looked great and tasted delicious! I kind of wish I had gotten one of the two-tiered pieces - but then again, I do get to enjoy your creations quite often. :-)

    ReplyDelete