Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Still Thinking Pink!

Having just finished part of my next project (which will hopefully be posted sometime in the next week or two), I feel as if I'm coated in royal icing. Each and every one of my fingers is dyed at least one color; thanks food color gels! Oh well, I suppose one must suffer for their art.

Like my last post, this cake was inspired by the color pink and Breast Cancer Awareness month. Specifically inspired by the shirts worn on this years Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, which took place October 17th in Portland.



This incredibly moist chocolate cake has 4 layers, two on each tier. It's frosted with chocolate butter cream and decorated with pink sugar roses and icing. This was my first attempt at frosting roses; I've gotten even better at making them since.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks fantastic and delicious! I really like the frosting chain around the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Your first attempt at flowers? No kidding, not bad at all. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock!!! Gorgeous cake I wish I could replicate it for my patients.

    -Juliana

    ReplyDelete